Tuesday, July 10, 2012

I'm here San Francisco

I am in San Francisco.  I did not drive here yet, but I flew to get everything ready here.  The plane ride between New Jersey and California is long, almost 6 hours.  I always take a nap, so it does not seem as long.

I brought 4 bags with me.  Can you believe it?  I also had a friend bring one to San Francisco with him a month ago.  That is five bags, and most of my things are still at home.  Think about packing up your room and all you can bring is what would fit in your car.  That means you can't take everything and you need to make a decision about what is important.  It is harder than you think.

I also came out early for a fundraiser, that I do every year.  I walk 6.2 miles or 10K, and raise money to help cure a disease.  That is twice as long as the Tenafly 5K.  The walk is fun, but it is more important to help people who are sick get better.

My team and I asked all of our friends and family to help support us and our walk.  We sold shirts and yummy food to raise even more money. Our team is called Sparkle Pony, it is a funny name I know.  People remember it because it is so funny.  Our team is small but powerful, there are just three of us.  Team Sparkle Pony is me and two of my most favorite people in the whole world Mike and Jordan.   We have raised almost $4,000 so far.  Some of you and your parents have already helped me.  If you or they want to help you can here.

On Sunday, we will walk with thousands of other people.  The beginning is really crowded.  Along the walk there are lots of things to see.  Sometimes there is music and dancers.   There are even snacks along the way to keep you going.  The walk takes 2-3 hours.  Your feet hurt when you are done, but knowing that you helped lots of people makes that pain go away.  You feel amazing when you cross the finish line and people are cheering.


I will post pictures from the walk on Sunday and give you an update then.

No comments:

Post a Comment